Off-page SEO is one of the most important aspects of any SEO strategy. If you’re not familiar with off-page SEO or need a refresher, read on for five practical tips that will help get your website to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs). These tips are easy to follow and will help you improve your website’s visibility and organic search traffic.
What is off-page SEO?
Off-page SEO is any activity designed to produce an increase in search engine rankings that takes place outside of your website. It can include various activities, such as guest blogging and link building.
Why does off-page SEO matter?
SEO is more complex than ever before, with more than 200 factors impacting your website’s search engine rankings. On-page SEO is only one of those many ranking factors. On-page SEO is responsible for user experience, technical errors, bounce rate etc. On the other hand, Off-page SEO can have a significant impact on your website’s rankings. An effective off-page SEO strategy is essential for any online marketing campaign.
There are two reasons why off-page SEO matters.
First, it helps you build relationships with other websites important to your industry.
Second, it helps you build authority in your niche by creating backlinks to your website. Links are one of the most crucial ranking factors because search engines use them to gauge how well-respected or authoritative a website is.
Tips for Effective Off-page SEO
So, now that you know why off-page SEO is essential to your online marketing efforts, here are five tips to help you get started:
- Build backlinks with blog outreach
Amateur bloggers don’t build links to their site because they blog for fun, not for traffic and rankings. But, if you want to rank and make money with your blog, you need to build links.
Creating high-quality backlinks is the best way to improve your website’s SERP rankings. Link building is also what Google uses to determine how well regarded your content is, which impacts your website’s authority and SERPs positioning. There are two types of backlinks: nofollow and dofollow. Nofollow links won’t affect your search engine ranking, but dofollow links will.
One way to build high-quality backlinks to your website is through blog outreach. Create a list of relevant websites and blogs within your industry and ask them for a backlink to link worthy content on your site. You can use an SEO tool such as Ahrefs, Semrush, or Moz to help you figure out who the top blogs within your niche are. When you build backlinks for your website, make sure that you create relevant, high-quality links instead of creating link schemes with the sole purpose of improving your website’s search engine rankings. Doing things the right way will pay off in the long run because it will help you build a strong reputation in your industry, increase brand awareness and drive more organic traffic to your website, which generates new leads for your business.
Here are some tips to ensure you’re doing link building the right way:
- Build links naturally. Don’t try to game Google by creating too many links because your website will lose its authority, and rankings will start to drop.
- Do outreach. Find websites related to your niche and reach out to them with a killer pitch offering them an excellent deal in exchange for a link.
- Build industry-related links. The best way to increase your website’s authority is by building industry-related links from reputable websites relevant to what you’re promoting.
- Build relationships with other website owners in your niche
Building relationships with other websites is crucial because it helps you increase your web presence, influence people in your industry, and get noticed by search engines. When you forge relationships with other bloggers or website owners interested in the same things that you are, they will share your content on social media and link to your website. On top of grabbing an extra link, there is always an opportunity to indulge into an affiliate campaign if you are ready to act as a referrer or an affiliate. Some industries are offering absolutely alluring commission rates for affiliates.
Build relationships by commenting on other bloggers’ posts, sharing their content on social media, and contacting them to see if they’d like an article submission. It’s also helpful to establish a relationship with influential people in your niche because you can tap into their knowledge and expertise when you need help with your blog posts. You want to build as many relationships as possible when it comes to off-page SEO.
- Guest blog on relevant high authority websites
Guest blogging is a great way to establish yourself as an authority in your industry and increase your web presence. Guest blogging is also beneficial because it brings targeted traffic to your website and gives you an opportunity to generate backlinks. Check if the blogs have a “Write for us” page. Some of these websites may accept article submissions from guest bloggers, which will give you an opportunity to build backlinks.
To become a guest blogger, all you have to do is identify high-quality blogs within your niche and contact the blogger to see if you can write an article for them.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when it comes to guest blogging, such as:
- Don’t approach blogs that aren’t related to your industry. They won’t want to publish your content, and it’ll be a waste of time for both parties.
- Don’t approach blogs that are very low-quality. They won’t accept submissions from guest bloggers, which will waste your time.
- Don’t submit the same article to multiple blogs at once. Submit unique content for each website.
- Do: Ensure that you’re following best email practices. You don’t want to be mistaken for spam.
- Do: Write up emails in advance to save time. Some desktop email programs let you work offline, and some have the ability to save templates.
- Social media marketing
There are now 4.5 billion social media users worldwide. Social media marketing is a great way to increase your web presence. The more active you are on social media, the more likely it is that people will notice you and follow your brand or website. It also helps if you have popular bloggers in your niche sharing your content on social media because it gives you exposure to their audience.
If you don’t have time or resources to increase your brand’s social media presence, hire someone to manage it for you. Make sure that they’re an expert in the field and can help grow your brand online by posting valuable content consistently. You can also schedule a post on facebook and instagram to engage your audience with automation tools. When it comes to measuring performance, you can use analytics tools to automate your social media reports
- Get featured on podcasts
Podcasts are a great way to build personal brand awareness and get in front of people who would never visit your website. There are hundreds of podcasts in every industry, so find ones that suit yours and reach out with a compelling offer to be featured on their show.
If you don’t have time or resources to start your own podcast, consider getting on other people’s podcasts. Here are some tips to make this process easier for you:
- Know what you’re talking about. It’ll be more challenging for the podcast host to feature you if they don’t think you’re an expert in your field.
- Be creative with your offer. Most podcasts want something unique to their podcast, so try to offer something that they can’t refuse.
- Send them links to your best content. Offer them the most relevant links you have on your website, blog, or social media profiles so that they can see why you’d be a great guest for their podcast.
- Video marketing
Video marketing is a great way to increase brand awareness, generate leads, engage with your customers, and drive more traffic to your website. It’s also perfect for showcasing the unique value you offer, making it easier for people to become familiar with your business or personal brand.
Here are some tips to help you increase your brand exposure through video marketing:
- Host videos on YouTube. YouTube is the second biggest search engine, so publishing videos on this platform will help you increase your SERPs presence.
- Create excellent video content. The quality of your videos should be good if you want people to watch them and share them with their friends.
- Get people interested in your videos by designing exciting thumbnails. If you can catch people’s attention with an eye-catching thumbnail, they’re more likely to click on your video and get hooked.
- Add a clear call to action. Your videos should convince people to do what you want them to. Whether it’s clicking a link, making a purchase, or filling out a form, make sure they know precisely how they can take advantage of what you’re offering.
Off-page can seem like a daunting task, but most techniques here are relatively simple to implement. It’s about finding the right balance between quantity and quality when it comes to your backlinks because you need a lot of them if you want to rank high in search engines.
Guest blogging is an excellent way to get more backlinks. However, make sure that you’re only publishing on high-quality websites and blogs so that your content doesn’t get penalized.
Social media marketing is also a great way to grow your brand awareness, as long as you’re posting valuable content consistently. Consider hiring someone who can take care of this for you
if you don’t have the resources or time to do it yourself.
Podcasts and videos are also a great way to boost your brand’s online presence, so consider getting on other people’s podcasts or hosting your own. Make sure that you have the resources to do this, though.
With these five practical off-page SEO tips, you should generate more exposure for your brand and increase your SERPs presence. Don’t worry if it takes a while to see results from your efforts because SEO is a long-term strategy that requires patience. Good luck!